Monday, December 9, 2013

Promotions:


Promotions:

“A campaign must have visual impact, whether a visual surprise, graphic interest, visual drama, or a breakthrough appearance. A creative approach in advertising must be appropriate for the product or service, and it must communicate and enhance the client's message—form follows function. (Page 204, Advertising by design, generating and designing creative ideas across media, Robin Landa, Second addition) I think I’ll start out by using simple free alternatives as social media.  I’ll send out a post via “FACEBOOK” to all of my friend with a welcome letter, letting people know what I do.  I’ll post pictures on “INSTAGRAM”, start a blog with quick little tutorials on how to change just the simple ideas.  Find a way to utilize something that you can create that others might not think of or utilize. Find inspiration from other arenas, such as art history, interior design, architecture, ephemera, primitive signage, wrapping-paper patterns, eighteenth-century prints, previous eras, industrial design, fashion design, landscape design, product design, floral arrangements, sushi arrangements, crafts, and countless others. Make it your own. (Page 207, Advertising by design, generating and designing creative ideas across media, Robin Landa, Second addition) I think I’ll have promotions for 20% off my services, I’ll offer a free coffee and an initial talk to see what my client is looking for in recreating a new or correcting a current outer image.

No comments:

Post a Comment