Monday, December 9, 2013

Competitive analyses



Competitive analyses

Coming up with a strategy and understanding the competitive market requires research. “Once you and your team or studio have completed Phase 1, the next focus is strategy. After much reflection on the data and material you have gathered, you develop the direction your solution(s) will take. In this phase, you examine, assess, discover, and plan; you are not conceptualizing or designing. Strategy is the conceptual underpinning of any visual communication, unifying every visual and verbal application within a program of applications.(Page 17, Advertising by design, generating and designing creative ideas across media, Robin Landa, Second addition)
· How do they draw customers and clients?
One competitor’s name is Lynda Jean, she uses a psychology method to create and help with self-image inside and out.
I will use the knowledge and understanding that not every person has the same shape, size, funds, and I will create a friendship with trust and understanding as my core to draw in clients. 
· What amenities or facilities are offered that you don't have?
She offers Colour and style analysis, wardrobe audits, and personal shopping.
I will be a mobile work center, and I will focus on middle class clients.
· What challenges are they facing?
She tends to shop for clients that do not have the time to find styles and clothing for themselves.
I want to go with my clients, educate them on what fits properly, take away their discouragement of having to wear a size 9 in one item and able to fit a 5 in another.  All clothing is different. I want them to understand that picking out a wardrobe comes with an education in what to wear and what not to wear.
“creative thinking is the ability to stretch beyond the ordinary, to be original, innovative, and flexible. People who think creatively recognize commonalities, visualize metaphorically, modify and elaborate imaginatively, and envision the unlikely. Certain behaviors promote creative thinking, such as looking for connections, observing acutely, asking questions and recognizing problems, and being open to new ideas and methodologies.” (Page 33, Advertising by design, generating and designing creative ideas across media, Robin Landa, Second addition)
 I want my clients to also understand that clothing is fun, creative, enjoyable, sometimes thereaputic.  Within understanding ones shape, any women could be pear shaped, apple, straight, curvy, ect. It makes a difference in what will properly fit a person.
· How do they plan on improving?
I think for my business, improving depends on my clients and how I treat each one as an individual with respect and assurance. I don’t want them to feel that I am out to take just their money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment